Best Best Firesides
When it's cold and wet and miserable outside and all you want is somewhere warm and cosy to hunker down we have just the thing: five of the best places in Yorkshire for a fireside and a decent plate of food.
- Pheasant Inn, Harome
- The Star Inn gets all the glory, but the bar of the Pheasant across the road ticks every box for cosy: sofas, fires, cushions, piles of magazines and sausage and mash and pheasant casserole to warm your cockles.
- Blue Lion , East Witton
- Flagged floors, polished brasses, country oak furniture and a fire that never goes out? Settle in for the likes of suet pud followed by treacle sponge and custard.
- Craven Arms , Appletreewick
- Find a spot by the Yorkshire range, tuck into some decent grub and we guarantee you'll never want to leave. Old, traditional and full of atmosphere.
- King's Arms, Heath
- Log fires and a working Yorkshire range are within a warren of gaslit rooms in this unique pub. If you've never been, go now for real ales and good grub in a stunning historic village.
- Ship Inn, Port Mulgrave
- A pub that's really a tea room. It's licensed, so enjoy a beer or a pot of tea on the sofa, read the papers and tuck into soup, scones and Jane's wonderful cakes.